Inspiring Stories From Emerging Entrepreneurs - LIORA GLAM

LIORA



My name is Gloria Ihekauche - a beautician and fashion entrepreneur,and I run a beauty house called 'LIORA. My love for beauty is what brought me to my career and it's what I love to do every single day.

I’m also a makeup artist and for me its really all about empowering people by putting out the best version of how they can look. I have always loved looking good hence I grew up with a passion for fashion.
I saw myself owning a fashion empire and it was specific how I saw what I wanted to become. As a result, I have always been drawn to the industry.



As a teenager, I hunted for modeling agencies and a modeling career which I did nurture for a little while until I outgrew that passion. I started wanting more; I knew that I was on a path and I wasn't going to take any inch of the road for granted. So I went through the higher institution and then decided to face my dream squarely when I decided to attend a makeup school.

It was hard at first finding an affordable one because I had to sponsor myself through it. When I eventually found someone who was ready to school me with a flexible payment plan, I didn't wait a day. The very next day, I started learning; and yes, everyday, I realized my interest grew. I was (and I knew that I was) very close to where I had always wanted to be.
I had my fair share of challenges being such a dreamer.


For starters, I didn't have folks that supported my dream with maybe money or investments. Yes, they loved me and never really stopped me; but as far as support goes, everything I have I literally got by God's grace and favour. I only remember a friend that bought me my first makeup brush set. It was such a huge blessing and I told myself that no matter the case, I wasn't going to ever stop. I was going to keep pushing forward till I got it all figured out. So even if I had financial constraints at the time, I knew I had to invest in myself inspite of. So I would reinvest any income I made, right back into my business.


At first, I wasn't making huge profits because I still had a very long way to go and so much more to learn. I remember hearing about the first edition of MINC (Makeup In Nigeria Conference). I just knew I had to attend. I took out almost all I had in my account to register for it because I believed it was the best I could do for myself at that moment.
What I'm trying to say is that even in the midst of all the challenges (very familiar ones) that I had, I was so enthusiastic that I made do anyway with anything I had and could squeeze out.
My drive to succeed in my career outweighs the thoughts to ever give up at any time. With every thing I have gone through as a budding Makeup Artist through the years, I have come to realise that you can really make it happen for yourself. Giving up is never an option.
Be intensely passionate about what you love to do and trust God to bless the works of your hands.

I have started my journey. It's definitely far from where I started and I'm sure much closer to where I'm going. I believe I've only been able to do it because I decided to stick with what I love to do. And so, being the best at it isn't going to be as hard; and of course my will to succeed gets bigger and bigger.

I would advice any young and budding entrepreneurs reading this to stay focus and keep the right attitude and of cause Work hard; because nothing takes the place of hard work,every world changer and successful business mogul we see today,worked hard for what they became and yes with the mix of all the right things as I mentioned earlier and you'd be written in the stars.

for more pictures : http://instagram.com/ihekauche/
email: carlaoffishial@gmail.com


LOOKS BY LIORA




0 comments:

Post a Comment